I was flicking through the hundreds of photos I have saved on my laptop thinking it was time I burn them to a CD and save them on our other computer.
In doing this I decided it might be a good idea to organise my beading photos into years so I can look back and see what pieces I made for each year.
So here is a recap of what I got up to in 2010.
~~~
2010 started with teaching my beautiful nieces to bead in the first few days of January
Resulting in these beautiful earrings
I adore St Petersburg so I decided to make a few bracelets
Of course beading wouldn't be beading (at least for me) without a few beaded cabochons

and because I love working with cabs I made a few glass fused ones in my microwave kiln!





I excitedly took part in my very first Bead Soup Blog Party hosted by Lori of Pretty Things
I was jumping up and down with excitement and pride when I became an Artbeads Design Partner as part of their Blogging Program...the only Australian to be taking part at that time!
Designing pieces for
Spring
Summer
and Fall

I took part in the "Margie and Me" challenge hosted by the wonderfully talented Marcie of LaBellaJoya
I discovered a wonderful group of beaders who have called themselves the Bead Mavens and entered their "Ice Queen Challenge"
as well as the Fashion Colorworks Beading Contest hosted by Zoya
I took part in Erin's Challenge of Color blog hop with our colour palettes chosen from paint chips!
I won the Most Unusual Category for my entry into the Beaded Passion contest for my piece, Fingal Frolics, below

and I was honored to be interviewed by Beads Perles

...if you missed the interview please click HERE.
But the biggest highlight of 2010 for me from a beading perspective was to win the
Wonderfully Whimsical category
in the Use the Muse competition

with my Treasures of the North Sea piece
Sometimes I feel I'm not being as creative as I could, spending time worrying about what I am not achieving rather than focusing on what I have achieved. You might recall me speaking about this in a previous post, "I think that switch has just been flicked".
So it has been wonderful looking back on the pieces I created in 2010.
Here's to another year full of beads, creativity, inspiration, colour and challenges!
♥




























6 comments:
What a wonderful year you had! So many beautiful pieces, competitions and positive emotions!
I wish you even more fun and creative year ahead!
xo,
Jana
Te felicito, ha sido un año muy productivo!!!
Congratulations, it was a very productive year!!!
I love this post. What a great way to look back and see the wonderfulness that you created! Thank you for sharing.
What a wonderful post. It is so cool to see all the photos of pieces you have taken and all the accomplishments you have done in 2010. I hope you have an even better beading year!
What an awesome tour of your creativity! I loved looking at all of them. Thanks so much for this post!
Hugs
Are you trying to make money from your traffic by running popup advertisments?
In case you do, have you ever used Clickadu?
Post a Comment