When I first signed up for this challenge my ''colours of choice" were browns, bronzes and golds. I was all geared up to create a piece using my favourite colours and even had the beads ready to go.
So imagine my surprise when my colour palette arrived by email to discover not a drop of bronze in sight!
The closest to bronze was Calilfornia Dreams....more like Mustard Dreams!
I was a little stumped!
But isn't that what challenges are all about... making us take that uneasy step outside of our comfort zone?
So with that in mind I found this Eagle Eye Agate cabochon in my stash...
and realised the cabochon matched my colour palette to a T.
So here is what I created.
A beaded cabochon.
"Simply Sumptuous"
I love the earthy feel this piece has and can see me wearing it many times!
~~~~
Now apart from the wee speckles of blue/grey in the cabochon I felt my first piece didn't do Niabelle Blue any justice so I felt the piece was calling for more blue.
So... I decided to string the piece with these gorgeous Amazonite beads.
"Flourish"
I would never have strung this pendant with these beads in a million years but now that I have I think the colour combination is just divine!
Two necklaces for the price of one!
I actually loved this challenge as yet again I was forced to work with a colour combination I would not normally work with.
I think I might continue to challenge myself further and pick up a few paint palette cards next time I am at the hardware store!
Hop on over and see what everyone else has created with their palettes.
Amy Freeland
Beth McCord
Brandi Hussey
Cary Scholes
Catherine Pruitt
Cindy Wimmer
Claire Maunsell
Cory Tompkins
Courtney Breul
Cristi Clothier
Cynthia Riggs
Emanda Johnson
Holly Westfall
Janea McDonald
Jeannie Dukic
Jennifer Cameron
Judy Campbell
Keirsten Giles
Kelly Morgan
Kristie Roeder
Kristin Stevens
Lisa Godfrey
Lisa Tracy
Lori Anderson
Mallory Hoffman
Marie Voyer-Cramp
Mary McGraw
Nicole Keller
Nicole Valentine
Paige Maxim
Patty Gasparino
Rebecca Anderson
Renate Stark-Krammer
Rita Parra
Shannon Chomanczuk
Sheila Summers
Stefanie Teufel
Yelisa Rojas
And don't forget to visit Erin at Treasures Found:Inspiration is Everywhere.
♥








14 comments:
Wow! What an amazing stone! I love that you brought in the touches of the blue. Can you transfer it to either necklace? If so, that is ingenious! So glad that you participated and that I was able to challenge you in a good way! Watch for more hops in the future. Thank you for sharing your color with the world. Enjoy the day!
Erin
I love the second version - just stunning but not in a whack you in the head kind of way.
Lovely, both ways. But I agree with you the blue Amazonite beads, just makes it special. Great job.
Love your Cab! You pulled it off!
I love the idea of exchanging the cab from one necklace to another. Cool!
That cab is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job showcasing it with your colors!
You cab is stunning! I love that you did that and with the blue it really pops! Great work as always Karyn!
Hugs
That REALLY is dreamy! I love it! The blue/aqua/green is amazing with the pendant, and the pendant bezel is gorgeous! Now, aren't you glad she sent that paint chip?
What a great cab! Very feminine-looking necklace!
Gorgeous! I especially love the second version with amazonite! Great job with such an interesting color palette! ;)
The cabachone is awesome - love it! Both of the necklaces were gorgeous!
I love both pieces, but I have to agree with you--the second is even more eye catching! the pendant works beautifully with those "buffalo tooth" shape amazonite. Simple but lovely.
Love the cab with the amazonite. Wonderful mix of colors. Beautiful beading.
I like them both.
Love the beadwork around the cab.
Sometimes it's good to work outside our comfort zone, because we usually surprise ourselves and end up creating something beautiful like you did.
G'day mate,jeannie
As it turns out, I LOVE it with the amazonite!
Great job!
Post a Comment