Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'd love to say I didn't miss it but...


Well as you would have read in my Bead Soup Party post I have been without the internet for 3 days... 
well nearly 4 days to be precise. 

We actually thought our internet service provider was down  so we rang them ...nope all was ok at that end... then my hubby thought it might be an issue with our modem...nope all ok there... it turns out that it was a glitch with Safari. My hubby downloaded a new version of Safari and for some reason it seemed to block our router every time we tried to connect to the internet. 

Anyhoo nearly 4 days later the problem is solved and I am back to using Firefox again... unfortunately I have lost a lot of my bookmarks as they were all in Safari and every time hubby tries to re-install it the internet stops working... weird... but one of those things I guess!


 I'd love to say I didn't miss having the internet but I was going stir crazy. Apart from my Bead Soup Party pictures being due on  Saturday... talk about fantastic timing...NOT... 

I really missed being able to check my emails, my blog, everyone else's blogs not to mention watching a movie and wondering where on earth I had seen that actor before and being able to instantly find out on the International Movie Database. 

Hubby kept telling me I could use the internet on my mobile phone if I was THAT desperate... I didn't ...so I guess I wasn't "that" desperate.

Anyway it is nice to be back in the land of the wide world web... my life feels complete now!

~~ UPDATE~~
Well I managed to post my Bead Soup Party pictures when about twenty minutes later my hubby came out of the study with a look on his face like someone had just died...

HE KILLED THE MODEM!
He performed an update on the modem and completely killed it so until about half an hour ago we were again without internet.

He has now bought a nice modem and assures me all is A-OK so hopefully you will hear from me again soon!

2 comments:

Desert Rubble said...

Arrgh! I would go nuts without being to able to 'check' things all the time. Need....my....internet.....

lynn

Unknown said...

I know we would like to say that we are not dependent but..... if I couldn't visit my favorite places in cyber space I would go crazy ( again :D )

Related Posts with Thumbnails